My PLAYLIST in Progress


26 April 2007

Laundry or Toys? Laundry or Toys? TOYS! Duh.....

Just a brief update, since I am super-duper busy this week...

Sam turned the big 2 on uh, Twos-day, I mean, Tuesday. It was a blast. I sang Happy Birthday to him throughout the day, and after the first couple times, he thought it was hilarious. I baked him a cake, made the icing and decorated it all on my own. I'm getting better with my cake decorating, too. Mixing the colors, writing, making fun borders, and all the rest. It WAS quite exciting for me (the geek such that I am). I made a great roast beef dinner, too.

After dinner and before cake, Sam opened his gifts. It took him a while, but nearly every gift got a "WOW!" or "WHOOOOOAAAA!" after it was unwrapped, Mike got great pictures, too. Hopefully soon I will post them for you all to see.

Sam did a great job blowing out his candles....he wanted very little to do with his cake other than lick off the icing; go figure! He DID enjoy the ice cream, though.

At work, I am training again. We have such a high turn-over. I'd say 50% of new hires don't make it for one reason or another beyond their probationary period. And of the 50% that does make it, 2/3 of THEM leave before their one year mark. Quite discouraging, but such is the grocery business.

And speaking of work, this coming Sunday marks my ninth anniversary at Shop nSave. It's funny, I took the job to pay off my car and to get going in college. Paid off car one, traded in and bought car two. Blah, blah, blah, and I'm still there nine years on. It's not too bad, but I don't see this as a real "career" type job. Circumstance has me tied in for a while until I am freed up to pursue the rest of my education. But most of you know this already. Blah!

And to further the adventure of my week, I am off to conquer the mountian of laundry in the next room. Or at least make a small dent in it. After all, Sam and I have a slew of new toys and birthday stuff to investigate. I think laundry can wait a little while, in light of such investigations! ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,
Still checking your blog to get all the updates!! Still waiting to hear about our girls night out!! Hope to see you soon!
Tracy

~ jen ~ said...

Tracy,

Thanks for reading! Mary Anne is looking at when we can get together. How does the week after next look for you? And are kiddos allowed?