My PLAYLIST in Progress


08 May 2007

Lonely...with Rice Krispie Treats

Okay, so I've been alone in the house now for nearly six hours, and starting to feel lonely. I mean, not really, cos Sam is here. But Michael and I haven't been away from one another for more than 8-12 hours a a time since we started living together. I have four and a half days to get through!!!! He's in Chicago for a International Retrosession Reinsurance Conference, hob-nobbing with people from his company's overseas and interational offices (i.e. Korea, Hong Kong, Japan, UK, Canada). And in a very nice hotel on Lakeshore Drive!

I'm feeling pathetic, though, because many married couples are separated for far longer; like military families...they may not even know if or when their spouse will come back home. And so here I am, worried over four days. I should get over it and just relax, I know.

Anyhow, I had this tremendous craving for Rice Krispie treats, so I made a batch. I can't stand the store-bought kind, and they aren't hard to make at all. Sam and I are going to watch ARISTOCATS tonight and have popcorn and Rice Krispie treats with chocolate milk to wash it all down. Somehow, I'm very excited that we have plans, especially since this is my favorite Disney movie ever. Yeah, laugh it up....how many of you have seen it? I can't explain why, but I love it. Maybe its the fact that the motivation behind the whole plot is a rich old woman puts in her wil that her cats are to inherit her fortune and the butler is offended since he's devoted his life's service to her and gets nothing. I dunno....

Okay, it's almost movie time, so I've gotta go. Happy Springtime, little bunnies!

2 comments:

Amy said...

hey girl,

did you end up enjoying some of that self time?

I won't laugh at your favorite disney movie, because mine is Pocahontas...there's just something so heartbreakingly beautiful about it...

~ jen ~ said...

Amy,

The "self-time" was during Sam's naps and after his bedtime. The first night was great...I watched PBS all night (BTW it was a special about the REAL story of Pocahontas!)

After that initial night, I was feeling lonely, so I *gasp* cleaned the house and did laundry. I did find time to knit a little, so my time wasn't totally used to clean house.

Mike's trip was okay, a little bumpy, since it was a work thing. Would have been better if it was a true vacation.

I'm glad he's home now, though. I sleep so much more sound, and dinner conversation is more advanced again:-)