My PLAYLIST in Progress


03 April 2007

Back from Hiatus

Okay, so a month and a half after my last post, I finally get to PROVE to you all that I'm not dead! HA! So there!

Anyway, HP sent us the wrong power supply replacement for our laptop, and the battery only lasts so long, hence I've been internet-less. *sniff* Oh, the sheer torture of not checking out Odd Todd's 80's video of the day! But this morning, a very nice UPS man brought us the CORRECT part we need, and PRESTO! I'm back!

So, March has been busy. For my birthday, Mike took me to Maggiano's Little Italy for dinner. Awesome, all around! Well, it started off great, in the bar, where I started with an Absolut Pears and tonic. YUM. And the food was excellent: HUGE PORTIONS! We took over half of our entrees home and had left-overs for almost 3 days! Still, no complaints. Thank-you, mom, for watching Sam for us. It IS nice to get out and about without the little one, though we love him dearly.

Michael, for his birthday the following week, he requested a home-cooked meal (a la beef stew and from-scratch biscuits), which I was happy to oblige.

Most imporantly, I paid off my car!!!!!! And just last weekend I received the title in the mail! I actually own something! And I must say it is a good feeling to not make a car payment. PHEW!

So what have I been up to otherwise? Sam has discovered Curious George and Thomas the Tank Engine,and loves them. When he feels confident enough to point out and say "George", it comes out sounding like, " Zyoz", and with Thomas ( and any other train) he likes to say, " chooooooo-choo". And that turns into a game of him fake sneezing, holding his one hand under his nose, throwing his head back and bowing forward with a cute "AAAAAAAH-chooo!" This may go on for a few minutes up to nearly half an hour. When you find material that's funny, stick with it, right?

And keeping Sam from climbing up the kitchen cabinets to get ON the countertops..... The terrible twos are terrible for a reason: I have near-heart attack every day cos of my little daredevil, and NO is the most rotten word a two year old could ever hear (aside from his own short-lived screaming fit upon hearing "NO"). Ugh; I thank God it is only a phase.

And cooking. It's like a mini-vacation for me. I've been just making things up, whatever sounds good. Luckily I've had good results :-) And apple pie, well, apple turnovers. I found a simple recipe for them one night at work, and made them the next morning to go with breakfast. YUMMMMMMMMMY!

And the usual house-keeping stuff.... Busy little me. Anyhow, it is later than I am used to, so I'm signing off. But hopefully not for too long ;-0

2 comments:

Odd Todd said...

Welcome back. If you ever have video suggestions let me know...

good vibes to ya

tOdd
www.oddtodd.com

Amy said...

hey girl. You totally changed your blog! I love it.

Sounds like you've been having a blast and welcome back to the online world!