My PLAYLIST in Progress


02 February 2007

Runny, stuffy, sneezy, OUCH!

It's cold outside.... really cold. Like highs in the 20's cold. Much below average for this time of year, and much too cold for me. I used to like winter more than any other season; but I'm more of a spring / autumn girl. I still have aversions to summer (at least a StL summer). Ugh. Spring and autumn for me.

It's cold inside, too. Colds in our noses, all three of us. AGAIN. We're all pumped full of fruit juice, water, and Dimetapp. At night, Michael and I indulge in a nightcap of Nyquil, and all three of us are slathered in Vick's Vapo-rub. I hate Vick's. HATE IT, but it works. And red, sore noses abound! Aloe and lotion type tissues only work for so long, and then ANYTHING on your nose hurts like heck...

On a different note, CONGRATULATIONS to Sarah and Chris B. on the birth of their little girl last week. You are no doubt experiencing the joy and wonder of a newborn.

Well, I think Sam and I are going down for a nap...BEFORE lunchtime. There's nothing like going back to bed on a cold day when you have a cold. Plenty of rest can only help, right? Next line of defence: chicken noodle soup for Sunday dinner!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hi Jen!

What's baby Born's name?

So sorry to hear about your cold and hope you all feel better soon. I think I have put the finishing touches on your Christmas package...no one ever accused me of being early with these things!