My PLAYLIST in Progress


28 July 2006

A Little Something to Look Forward to

It has been a very hectic week. Terrible storms and an entire metropolitan area with out power. Being at work, which was transformed into a dark, stinking warehouse full of rotting food, throwing hundreds of thousands of said stinking, rotting food away. A dear friend who's husband died very suddenly a week ago today, feeling her pain, comforting her as my heart bled for her.

And now, a bit of a break. A few calm, semi-relaxing days. Most of the area has power restored, and it is now safe to drive around without worrying about fallen tree limbs and electrical lines over roadways.

We determined that we lost over $175, 000 of perishable food from my store alone. Multiply that by 20, and you get the monetary loss of my company. We've been cleaning and restocking over the last day or two, so now we are almost back to normal.

My friend who lost her husband is getting back into a bit of normalcy, and is returning to work late next week. She is still unsure about the future, but she knows she must get on with day-to-day life, as normal as possible.

And tonight, dinner with an old friend. Riddhi, I've been so looking forward to hanging out with you again, and eventhough its something small and simple, it has brought me out of my "funk" and brightened my entire week.

It is so neat that a seemingly easy, uncomplicated thing such as spending a few hours with a dear friend can make such a difference in one's life. Even getting a letter in the mail, or an email out of the blue from a friend means so much. If there is someone out there that you have sort of lost touch with or haven't heard from in a while, drop them a line, give them a call. It just may make a world of difference!

1 comment:

Amy said...

i hope you guys had a great time!! I miss you both.

I'm so sorry about your friend. I hope this week is better for you...i've been praying for you guys in st. louis